Wednesday, June 15, 2005

ding ding ding!

yeah, so mary ann guessed correctly...i found a copy of 'panda and the magic serpent' in the dollar bin at wal-mart- on dvd no less! of course, they didnt do any remastering or anything, so the quality is pretty bad... but it's still the same movie that we'd watch with our cousins over and over and over again. i made my friends sit down and watch it with me and they thought it was hilarious. and, an interesting side note, this movie is considered by most to be the first animated color film to come out of japan and has been pretty influential. who'da thought?

what ever happened to those books grandmother and grandfather gave us? i remember reading one at their home in michigan about this spirit boy that could control the water and turn into a dragon...i really liked the illustrations.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That was just a shot in the dark guess, and I got it right! Do I get a prize? Maybe Suz will forgive me for getting her a crappy present for her birthday, and that will be reward enough.

The only thing I remember about the panda movie is when the panda gets pounded into the ground and just climbs right back out again. I can still remember the look on his little face. . .

3:15 PM  
Blogger suz said...

whatever this crappy gift was, i dont recall it...which must attest to its crappiness. come to think of it, i dont remember what any of my birthday presents were...

9:55 PM  
Blogger joe said...

I had this video in mind, but wasn't able to think of the title. I remember it as the cartoon where a panda bounces around on his head while crossing a river.

4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home