Wednesday, July 27, 2005

suz update

so my blogging's been a little sparse as of late...but in my defense i've been out of town and my computer fitzed out (some kind of hard drive problem...it kept shutting off for no reason). last tuesday i went home to celebrate joe's birthday, which was fun. thursday i drove to jackson (again) to practice with the dodgeball team i was recruited into last month, and then friday we all drove up to schaumburg, illinois for the annual nada dodgeball tournament. i'll do a separate post for the dodgeball stuff once i get some pictures of the team from josh, but i will say that gorilla's choice did not do as well as anticipated...

so i just got back from this job interview, and i think it went pretty well. this internal medicine group is looking for a new secretary, and i was one of the lucky few chosen for an interview. the doctor said that he liked my resume, the fact that i was a college graduate, and all of the phone experience i have. i think that the interview went pretty well- he asked me why i wanted to be a medical receptionist when i could be teaching, and i had a dynamite response (luckily i had anticipated this question). plus, i had a really good outfit, and something about wearing business casual just makes me feel confident and smart... he said that there were a few more people to go through and that i'd know next week. it sounds to me like a pretty good job...full time, medical and dental, plus parley told me that most doctors treat their receptionists very well because they like to retain loyalty. so, here's hoping. if not this, than something else...

7 Comments:

Blogger Matthew said...

Good for you! I hope it goes well.

12:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to know your dynamite answer.

And here is the only advice that I have if you really want this job.
SEND A THANK YOU CARD.

It impresses the socks off future employers, and that's how you want them. Socks off.

12:49 AM  
Blogger suz said...

i did once i got home...how's that for dynamite.

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! You've covered you bases. I hope you will like being a secretary. . .

4:54 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Okay, I want the dynamite answer too... or did I miss it somewhere.

I loved my receptionist/secretary/personal assistant position... remember the job I had for six weeks for the company that was going under, and no one told me until 4 weeks into it, for the two RLDS guys who worked for the CIA in their younger years.

12:13 AM  
Blogger joe said...

since everybody wants to know, let me take a stab at it.

"cause lesson plans are hard."

socks off.

2:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I meant to ask you about dodgeball. How long have you been doing that? What happened with the tournament?

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home