Thursday, June 23, 2005

froehliche geburtstag mutti



today is my mom's birthday, so i though i'd post a cute picture of us together. this was taken right before i left for my first high school dance. mutti spent countless hours sewing the dress i'm wearing- right down to the last minute. the annoyed look on my face is on account of my brother (who took the picture) holding me up because i was already a half hour late. other things i like about this picture: i look like a giant in my heels (not that i wouldnt dwarf mutti anyway), the chevelle is in the background, as is the minivan that barb smashed some years later, mutti's hair and her smug look of....disapproval?, and my inexpert hair styling and non-existant makeup (in my defense it was my first dance). anyway, have a great birthday, mutti.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This picture illustrates why I'm not enthusiastic about having my picture taken! In most pictures I tend to look like I'm right in the middle of a bad mood or argument. Sigh. For the record, "It ain't so." Suzanne, you always look good--better than good--as this picture will atest! Thanks for your good wishes. :)Mom

4:06 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Do you still have that black handbag?

8:59 AM  
Blogger joe said...

Awww. There's the minivan that Barbie totaled.

4:51 PM  
Blogger suz said...

are you refering to the planner that i'm holding? i'm not sure why i have that... yes, i was so unsophisticated at the time that i didnt even have a purse to carry- but then again it's not like i had to bring makeup to freshen up with...

10:49 PM  
Blogger joe said...

No, Matthew is talking about Mom's purse. If I hadn't already learned to respect others, I would start posting rude comments about his parents.

5:51 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Huh?

8:06 AM  
Blogger suz said...

ditto. ??

7:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How was Utah?

That's lebanese for "I want another post"

11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would have to ask Joe - how is asking about one's handbag insulting to one's parents? Based on the picture you use I would ask if you still have a razor?

-GR

8:45 AM  
Blogger joe said...

Immediacy of communication, I was in a bad mood, yada yada yada. All apologies.

The picture was taken Nov 27, 2003... but I haven't changed. Lord knows, I cannot change.

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home