Saturday, July 30, 2005

the end of an era

yesterday, our roomie kevin moved out. he's moving back to stl to finish his graphic design degree and (i assume) to be closer to his girlfriend. william, our new roomie, has already been living on our bedcouch (quite literally 2 mattresses and some pillows in our living room) for the past 3 weeks, so nothing's really changed that much. he's a youngin- only 19 years old, but is already making a reasonable living as a tattoo artist. every family member i have told this to has reacted with the same line - "dont get a tattoo!". joe even went so far as to say that if i want one, he'd take me to someone 'reputable'. "just dont get one from him." i find this amusing for a number of reasons, but mostly because everyone assumes that i want a tattoo or that somehow being connected to a tattoo artist will make me want one. maybe people just dont know this about me, but i hate needles (having blood drawn is one of my least favorite activities) and i find the idea of having one stabbed into me repeatedly a little nauseating. also, if you've ever seen an infected tattoo before, it's pretty much all the deterring you need. oddly enough, watching someone being tattooed is kind of fun, and the buzz of the gun is relaxing. anyway, kevin will be missed (although his and parley's almost monthly falling-outs will not be, nor his constant need for air conditioning- our house was like a freezer for the past month) .

my computer is still busted, which means i dont have access to my scanner and cannot post pictures i just got of my 4th weekend. i have a hard drive for it (an old, small one), but parley doesnt want to install it because it takes a long time and since i'm planning on getting a newer bigger one later anyway, what's the point in wasting his time... sigh. maybe one of my technologically advanced brothers (in law or not) could send me detailed instructions on how to do it myself...could it really be that hard?

regardless, i'll write about more interesting things when i can post pictures...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, Suz. You never told me about the tatoo artist roommate. So who exactly does "everyone" include(exclude)?

I didn't know that you and I share the same needle phobia. I hate it too. In fact, the worst part of giving birth is that they stick you with a bunch of needles first. Honestly.

Why did Kevin and Parley fight so much?

9:06 AM  
Blogger suz said...

well, everyone included mom, kathleen, joe, and barb. surprisingly, dad had little to say on the subject.

parley and kevin just had a lot of differences...most of the time i couldnt even tell what their fights were about. who wouldve thought that of all my roommates, i was the least girly...

6:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home