Saturday, March 03, 2007

room updatez

on monday i went into a room-reorganizing frenzy. i suddenly felt like i had to make some real progress, especially since i wont be in this house after july (lease ends, and from there....who knows). i really want my last 5 months to be in an environment that i enjoy, and my room is a good place to start. before monday, i'd already managed to throw away a decent amount of stuff- 3-4 garbage bags full. i've also pulled a lot of clothes out of my closet to sell/give away. it was kind of sickening to see all of this stuff that i had that i didnt even use...and it felt good to be rid of it. i still have a long way to go, but here's the progress i've made so far:


i moved my bed and my screen. i'm also using the little table that used to be by my desk as a bedside table (handy place to keep laptop). probably going to get rid of the little bookcase, as it's holding junk right now, and move the big bookcase where it used to be- that will give me some more wall space to hang stuff.

the most change has occurred on the other side of the room:


my ultimate goal has always been to create a sleep space and a living space, and i think i'm headed in a good direction now. so far my desk and the record player in the corner are really the only things that are in the right place- i plan on putting a little love-seat where the brown chair is now, and then putting the chair in the corner. i've separated the desk into a computer/sewing station (sewing machine is on loan from mom- i bought awesome fabrics for curtains...havent started on them yet).

m.a. will notice that the pillow she got me is getting more and more stuffed. when i find clothes that are in no shape to be given away, i cut them up and stick them in the pillow. maybe by the end of this it will be cushy enough to sit on...

anway, i got really excited about it all, and was up until 1am rearranging things. i'll definitely post more pictures as i finish my curtains and get my seating arranged.

1 Comments:

Blogger Vatti said...

Thanks for the update. Good luck on the curtains.

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home