Monday, January 30, 2006

the day the music died

i'm sad

at first i couldnt quite believe it, but it's been a month now...and i'm pretty sure it's true.

someone has stolen my cd's....

at first i thought that i had misplaced them. after all, my car can get a little messy at times, and i'm always moving stuff from the cabin to the trunk. but i've looked around and moved some junk out of the way, and they havent turned up. this confuses and infuriates me for several reasons:

1. most of my cd's were burns. not even real, sellable cd's. burns. burns that people had made specifically for me. burns of cds that i'd never really want to buy (hot hot heat), of stuff that's sentimental (op ivy), and of fabulous mixes (joe's mix, perhaps the sweetest mix of them all). most of that stuff was just irreplaceable.

2. some of that stuff i had actually purchased- and i dont just go out and buy cd's.....it has to be something that i really love. my velvet underground and nico cd, my weezer blue album, alkaline trio's self titled... none of it would catch more than 2 bucks at a used cd store, but i loved it and it was mine.

3. there were actual cd's in their cases in the back seat that were left untouched. those you could actually sell, but noooooo.....they took my cd case instead... also, my stereo is still intact.
?????

4. lets be perfectly honest....my musical taste isnt that good, and by good i mean cutting edge or 'in the know' or whatever. i've been stuck in a musical rut for about 2 years and i'm perfectly fine with it. but why anyone else would want what i have in my cd case is beyond me. maybe this is a sign to start anew and open my eyes to new bands and genres....

nope, i'm still pissed.

so what have i been listening to? one of my compilations survived in my car stereo- a haphazard creation including all of old crow medicine show's o.c.m.s. album, some they might be giants, ccr, turtles, pixies, and death cab- all interlaced with futurama quotes. it's been playing nonstop for the past month, and i have yet to get sick of it.

talk about a musical rut...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps you left the case at my house.

10:22 PM  
Blogger suz said...

did i?!?!?

7:09 AM  
Blogger joe said...

well, in case you didn't, take some pleasure in the realization that some one is burning in hell for your crap music. haha! ;)

6:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home