Monday, April 24, 2006

congratulate me...

i completed a full week of regular exercise. now, the real trick will be keeping it up this week, and the next, and the next...etc.

a friend of mine and i have started running at a local park at 5:30, planning for mon., tues., thurs., and either friday/saturday. there's a trail that goes around the perimiter of the park that's 1.7 miles long. i'm so out of shape that i can run less than 1/4 of it. but we walk the rest of the way, so i'm at least getting a solid 20-30 minutes of movement. the idea is to always run a little bit more than we did the last time, even it it's only a couple of feet. at first i thought that i wouldnt be able to run with a partner, but he's been very cooperative and at least tries to push me to do better. i think as long as he's there i'll be able to keep it up.....the downside that once school's over in 3 weeks, he's moving back home. but maybe by then i'll be able to do it on my own.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mary Ann said...

Three weeks is definately enough time to form a habit.

This sounds so much like me. I started running again too (a week ago). I've done a little better each time, and now I'm up to 2 kilometers before my lungs demand that I stop. My goal is to be able to do 5 kilometers before Dan's visit in June

11:11 PM  
Blogger Matthew said...

Glad you're running, sounds like a good idea. Are you running with anyone we know?

12:03 AM  
Blogger suz said...

i'm running with my friend jon, who used to be josh's roommate. he wrote, directed, and edited the monkey bars movie i was in, and played the part of the drunk roomate.

12:22 PM  
Blogger joe said...

I'm now more out of shape than I have ever been in my life. I keep telling myself, "this is as bad as its going to get," and I'm wrong.

Maybe I will get on board with you. By the way, the goal is for the whole family - including Mom - to climb Angel's Landing this summer/fall.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

Have you guys heard my $2 plan for Mom?

4:40 AM  
Blogger suz said...

was ist das?

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home