Wednesday, November 09, 2005

"my, mr. freud, what big ears you have"

this morning i had a wierd dream where i was at a fancy gala of some sort. my boss was there, and i could tell that he'd had a few. he gave me the keys to his super awesome sports car and told me i had 3 hours to do whatever i wanted with it. so i, along with this drug rep that was schmoozing me all night, took it for a spin- i was going well over 100 on these crazy winding roads.
i dont take much stock in dream interperetation, but what do you think this one means? a raise in my future?

4 Comments:

Blogger Mary Ann said...

Do you remember why you took the drug rep with you?

I think the dream show that you fear power.

9:22 AM  
Blogger suz said...

i think i was showing off- it was one of those impulsive 'hey, wanna go for a ride?' type of actions.

interesting side note: every dream that i've had this week has featured my boss in some way or another...and i'm beginning to think it was because i had to talk to him about getting time off next week (something i was a little worried about, whether or not he'd allow it). perhaps this fearing power thing explains his looming presence?

5:05 PM  
Blogger joe said...

When I have this kind of dream, I'm usually driving in reverse at dizzying speeds - totally out of control. But your description feels very different.

I think you're right on the money about getting permission for your road trip. Your boss is the key master - the call to adventure goes through him. He hands you the keys and poof! you are off to Chicago. Just getting permission was all you needed to worry about...

Or so Suz thought. As I see it, the dream has a veiled warning. Why aren't you worried about the drug dealer sitting next to you? Why doesn't it make you sick to take those turns at 100 mph? Your enthusiasm for the adventure has made you blind to its perils. One interpretation of the dream is that you have placed too much emphasis on just getting out the door, and not enough on if you should even be going.

1:12 PM  
Blogger suz said...

not drug dealer, drug rep- like pharmecuticals. although some could argue...

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home