Friday, September 23, 2005

i only hear what i want to

since most of my job deals with scheduling over the phone, i get put on hold a lot. i'm often subjected to the worst form of music known to man- musak. one of my funniest musak moments was when i realized i was listening to lisa loeb's 'stay'. i found it slightly amusing that the first independent release to reach number one on the charts was now being featured as a hold-mechanism, deliciously rendered in piercing flute. by now i've learned which offices feature the best musak. the number for gi scheduling is superior above all, however, because it has the actual songs. the first time i was put on hold by them, it was playing cake's 'short skirt, long jacket'. i thought it was fantastic and was kind of disappointed when the scheduler picked up.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like Cake.

I want a girl who gets up early.
I want a girl who stays up late.
I want a girl with uninterrupted prosperity
who uses a machete to cut through red tape.

The part about the fingernails that shine like justice, and a voice that is dark like tinted glass is also pretty good. Got to admit that I miss that American music.

1:24 AM  
Blogger Matthew said...

She's trading her MG for a white Chrystler LeBaron...

4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home